I finally jumped on the Davie bandwagon. I actually jumped on the bandwagon pretty much as soon as it was released, but haven’t blogged it until now. I finished the dress just before Easter, yes, it’s taken me that long!
And so… As you can probably tell from the photo above, I’ve had some issues with this pattern. It could be the fabric I chose to use, it was a relatively cheap jersey knit from Pete’s Emporium in Porirua. Well it was purple, you see…
When I first made the pattern up, I showed the photo to Mel and Sandra from the WSBN. They suggested I take it in above the bust to take account of my full bust being lower than the pattern is designed for.
The trouble is the armscye was already low and by the time I’d taken in the seam it became even lower! It’s definitely obvious when I wear it without a belt as the fabric drags the dress even lower.
I was very lazy, I did not topstitch the seams, I actually made the whole thing up on my overlocker and also cut the centre back seam on the fold. I did topstitch around the cut out on the centre front to finish it off. I did consider sewing a button here, but have left it.
I don’t really think there’s much more to say. I think it might be worth trying to make again with a more stable knit and I’ll raise the armscye this time.
First worn: Sometime around Easter with a jumper underneath – it was cold! I took these at the beginning of Easter.