I’ve a few things here which I’ve made up before and in the interests of completeness, I’m blogging these.
I made my normal changes, so I’ve raised the front neckline, widened the straps and also lengthened the facing by a couple of inches. There’s possibly some more adjustments I could make to this pattern to fit properly, such as a proper FBA and adding darts, but I’m lazy and hence I’ve not done it.
The facing I’ve made from a plain black silk which I had in my stash.
Fabric: Black silk border print from Tessuti and a black silk from stash (I think it was from the Fabric Warehouse)
Pattern: True Bias Ogden cami, size 14
Changes made: Raised the front neckline, lengthened the lining/facing, widened the straps
Recommendations/Another one: Mm, well this is version 4! I definitely do recommend this pattern, but be careful you may need to make changes. I love it and I wear all of mine a lot. No doubt there will be another one!
This is a self-drafted pattern. I’ve made up three like this now. This white and pink one and a rust coloured version. The shaped basque comes from a Prima magazine pattern and is shortened by a couple of inches. The skirt is just a basic rectangle pleated to fit. Each time I set the pleats to get an inverted pleat at the centre front and back.
The skirt is fastened with a lapped zip in the side seam. It doesn’t have pockets! 😦 I probably ought to put pockets in, but have never really thought about it!
This fabric was another remnant which came from The Fabric Warehouse in Wellington and is a lovely heavier viscose. It has a lovely drape and also doesn’t crease a great deal.
There was little if nothing left over from this skirt and I had to use hug snug to hem the skirt.
Fabric: Blue viscose remnant from The Fabric Warehouse, which has been in my stash a couple of years.
Notions: Thread, interfacing, dress zip and hug snug
Pattern: The basque is from a Prima pattern, the rest is self-drafted
Changes made: I shortened the basque by a couple of inches. The details are in the posts from the previous skirts
Another one/recommendations: Considering I’ve made up three skirts like this, it’s definitely a tried and tested pattern, but I guess it’s difficult to recommend since it’s not a freely available pattern! If the right fabric comes up, I wouldn’t be surprised if I made another version!
Muse Hipi Top
This top/T-shirt was released earlier this year. It was a pattern I was lucky to test and made a navy blue cotton t-shirting. This fabric is a very drapey viscose knit from my stash. I think I possibly got this from Fabric-a-Brac. This is a lot of this fabric! It has a texture to it. (I also have some in a dark grey which I used to make up a nightie.)
I made the same size as last time and also lengthened the t-shirt this time. The idea originally was for a longer loose fit top I could use for the gym and for Pilates. Well that didn’t really work, since it’s not a long as I need for Pilates and also keeps riding up when I lift my arms up.
On the other hand, I’ve used this as an easy to wear t-shirt and it’s already had a lot of wear! It’s been in constant demand in my wardrobe. I call that a success.
Due to the drapey-ness (is that a word) of this fabric, this version has ended up really oversized, and I definitely think I might make a size smaller next time.